Davies Environmental – Asbestos abatement and mould remediation
services for residential, commercial and industrial needs.
Think you may be exposed to asbestos? Don’t panic! Although breathing in high levels of airborne asbestos can lead to an increased risk of certain types of lung cancer, asbestos that is properly enclosed and in good condition can be considered safe and should be left alone. However, if you are undertaking a renovation or construction project that will disturb materials suspected to contain asbestos, it is a legal requirement to have the material checked by an laboratory, before beginning work.
Asbestos is not easily visually identified, but can be found in many building materials dating to before the mid-1980s including:
- Vinyl flooring, tiles (including floor and ceiling tiles)
- Paper products around duct work and floor registers
- Insulation around piping, furnaces and wood burning stoves
- Soundproofing and decorative materials sprayed onto walls and ceilings
- Drywall and joint compounds
- Roofing materials and more.
Contact us today to set up a job site visit where we can fully assess the material and give you proper recommendations to move forward safely and effectively in the removal process.